ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Ambari 2.0 HIVE_CLIENT disappeared
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 17:03:30 GMT
I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause this.  When I use the Quick Start guide, I can install
everything fine.  But when I tried to then use Ambari 2.0 in our product, HIVE_CLIENT is no
longer a valid component according to Ambari.  When I try to add it to a blueprint, I get
a 400 Error: "The component 'HIVE_CLIENT' in host group 'gateway' is not valid for the specified
stack".  Querying the Ambari server in the cluster, sure enough, HIVE_CLIENT, HCAT, and MYSQL_SERVER
are not listed as components of the HIVE service.  Any ideas what I might be doing to cause
this?

The only differences in environment I can think of are:

1. In the broken version, I point ambari-server setup at a specific jdk, whereas in the quick
start one I just let it use the default.
2. Broken one is CentOS 6.5, working one is CentOS 6.4 (doubtful this is the problem since
Ambari 1.7 worked fine on 6.5).

Basically, I'm using the exact same setup steps as I was using for Ambari 1.7.0 without issue.
 What else might I check?

API response for reference:

GET /api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.2/services/HIVE
{
  "href" : "<hostname>/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.2/services/HIVE",
  "StackServices" : {
    "comments" : null,
    "custom_commands" : [ ],
    "display_name" : null,
    "required_services" : [
      "PIG"
    ],
    "service_check_supported" : false,
    "service_name" : "HIVE",
    "service_version" : "0.14.0.2.2",
    "stack_name" : "HDP",
    "stack_version" : "2.2",
    "user_name" : null,
    "config_types" : {
      "hive-env" : {
        "supports" : {
          "adding_forbidden" : "false",
          "do_not_extend" : "false",
          "final" : "false"
        }
      },
      "hive-site" : {
        "supports" : {
          "adding_forbidden" : "false",
          "do_not_extend" : "false",
          "final" : "true"
        }
      },
      "hiveserver2-site" : {
        "supports" : {
          "adding_forbidden" : "false",
          "do_not_extend" : "false",
          "final" : "true"
        }
      },
      "ranger-hive-plugin-properties" : {
        "supports" : {
          "adding_forbidden" : "false",
          "do_not_extend" : "false",
          "final" : "true"
        }
      },
      "webhcat-site" : {
        "supports" : {
          "adding_forbidden" : "false",
          "do_not_extend" : "false",
          "final" : "true"
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "configurations" : [
    ... ellided ...
  ],
  "components" : [
    {
      "href" : "<hostname>/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.2/services/HIVE/components/HIVE_METASTORE",
      "StackServiceComponents" : {
        "component_name" : "HIVE_METASTORE",
        "service_name" : "HIVE",
        "stack_name" : "HDP",
        "stack_version" : "2.2"
      }
    },
    {
      "href" : "<hostname>/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.2/services/HIVE/components/HIVE_SERVER",
      "StackServiceComponents" : {
        "component_name" : "HIVE_SERVER",
        "service_name" : "HIVE",
        "stack_name" : "HDP",