ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: Changing Ambari Portal Password
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 15:49:45 GMT
It can be done in the Ambari Portal itself or via the Ambari API.  Go to the Admin section
and there should be an option to edit users there.

On the API, a PUT call to the user record should let you update it:

PUT /api/v1/users/admin

{
    "Users": {
        "user_name": $desired_username,
        "old_password": $old_password,
        "password": $new_password
     }

This is easily done with the Python ambari client I wrote, if you're using Python 2.7 (still
need to add support for other versions).  It's probably also easy using the Groovy client
if you're on the JVM, but I don't know the syntax for it.

https://github.com/jimbobhickville/python-ambariclient

client.users(user_name).update(old_password=old_password, password=new_password, user_name=user_name)

Greg

From: Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gadiya@persistent.com<mailto:pratik_gadiya@persistent.com>>
Date: Monday, May 11, 2015 at 9:28 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: COMMERCIAL:Changing Ambari Portal Password

Hi All,

Can someone let me know how can I change the ambari portal password ?
Is there any configs file from which I can change that, as I want to automate this process
?

Please let me know if any additional information is required.

Thanks & Regards,
Pratik Gadiya

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual