ambari-user mailing list archives

From Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gad...@persistent.com>
Subject Adding Hosts to Existing Cluster | Ambari 1.7.0
Date Sun, 17 May 2015 05:57:15 GMT
Hi All,

I want to add hosts to the existing hadoop cluster which is deployed via ambari rest api's.

For the same, I am referring to link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Add+a+host+and+deploy+components+using+APIs

In the above link, we can observe that we have to make POST REST calls to install the services
on the newly added hosts.
Here the number of such REST calls would be equivalent to number of services which we want
to install (like shown as below )

[cid:image001.png@01D09094.6BE4A310]

I am wondering, if there is any way by which I can install this many number of services such
as DATANODE, GANGLIA_MONITOR, NODEMANAGER etc.. in a single REST call to the newly added hosts.

Explaining with a small example of that REST call body is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pratik

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.