ambari-user mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 2.0 and phoenix friends forever :) ?
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 03:42:20 GMT
Hi Sergey,

Ambari installs and manages HBase + Phoenix used in AMS (Ambari metric
service) separately than the Ambari managed HBase+Phoenix stack. Later
versions of the stack (using Phoenix 4.4) should be possible since Ambari's
HBase is isolated.
However, there is a deployment option that will make it so that AMS uses
the cluster's Phoenix and HBase. That shares the underlying HBase nodes and
bits.

BTW, AMS is not based on OpenTSDB.

Enis