ambari-user mailing list archives

From Tim To <...@phemi.com>
Subject Cannot get check status to work for a customer service
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 17:35:09 GMT
Hi all,
I am using ambari 2.0 and hadoop 2.4. We have a customer process and I've
been trying to set up monitoring and alert for it base on what I leanred
from two populate sites:
The offiical ambari one:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari
and another one that has more detailed explanations:
http://mozartanalytics.com/how-to-create-a-software-stack-for-ambari/?preview=true

So far I was able to set it up and I can deploy our custom service and have
ambari starts it for me (so I think the stop will work too). However check
status doesn't work. Based on comments from the second site I'm trying to
pass a pid file location to check_process_status() and magic should happen
and Ambari would be able to tell whether this process is working or not.
here's my python function for status:

  def status(self, env):
    print 'Status of Phemi Central';
    check_process_status('/home/testuser/appName/logs/pid-8888')

I manaully checked the file after ambari started our app and it does
contain the correct pid for the process but ambari still think the app is
"stopped".

- Any pointer as to how check status works and how I am suppose to setup up
is apprecaited.
- Any more detailed documentation to setup monitoring and alert in addition
to the avoe mentioend website would be greatly helpful (even a confirmation
that there is none would save me searching for more :) )
- I also checked out the latest ambari code from github but have a hard
time locatng the where check status is done so any help with looking for
the code would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

--
*Tim To*