ambari-user mailing list archives

From Artem Ervits <>
Subject possible Jira for Ambari enhancement
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 17:42:34 GMT
Disclosure, I used HDP documenation to upgrade from HDP 2.1 and
then followed with much better HDP documenation. However, I did not
find steps to fix the issue I'm about to describe. I confirm that manual
install has the right configuration, it just doesn't take affect during
upgrade rather than manual install.

As part of upgrade, hive.metastore.uris=thirft://servername:9083 is being
set. However, still reflects default
"hive.metastore.uris=thirft://localhost:9933", I noticed that the setting
is taken from the hcatalog 0.5.0 wiki. I cannot tell when it was enabled in
my cluster. So there are two issues, either documenation needs an update,
or have Ambari take the change into account.

Again, if it's there and I've missed it, I appologize for my ignorance.
Otherwise, I can file a Jira and maybe help with enhancement.

View raw message