ambari-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Eirik Thorsnes <eirik.thors...@uni.no>
Subject Re: Ambari 2.0, stack: HDP-2.2.4: Unable to remove STORM service/components by using API
Date Sat, 16 May 2015 09:40:43 GMT
On 14.05.15 19:43, Artem Ervits wrote:
 > Hello Eirik,
 > I also struggled with this, eventually I figured it out by poking 
around in the Ambari database. In essence, you need to make sure the 
state is installed before you can delete it. Once you put it in the 
correct state, you should be able to delete all components by first 
listing which are still available. I apologize that I cannot give you 
the steps I've taken but since it was a lot of trial and error, I don't 
have a conclusive procedure.


Hello,

I've now checked that the state/desiredstate in the ambari-db is set to 
INSTALLED for both component and service.
I'm able to delete all other Storm host-components, except 
STORM_REST_API. For this I get:

curl -u admin:admin -X DELETE -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' 
http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/helm/hosts/service-10-0.local/host_components/STORM_REST_API
{
   "status" : 500,
   "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: 
An internal system exception occurred: Could not find service for 
component, componentName=STORM_REST_API, clusterName=helm, 
stackInfo=HDP-2.2"

The db shows that it is still there:

ambari=> select * from servicecomponentdesiredstate where service_name = 
'STORM';
  component_name | cluster_id |          desired_stack_version 
  | desired_state | service_name
----------------+------------+------------------------------------------+---------------+--------------
  STORM_REST_API |          2 | {"stackName":"HDP","stackVersion":"2.2"} 
| INSTALLED     | STORM
(1 row)

ambari=> SELECT * from hostcomponentstate where service_name = 'STORM';
  cluster_id | component_name |          current_stack_version 
  | current_state |     host_name      | service_name | upgrade_state | 
  version  | s
ecurity_state
------------+----------------+------------------------------------------+---------------+--------------------+--------------+---------------+-----------+--
--------------
           2 | STORM_REST_API | {"stackName":"HDP","stackVersion":"2.2"} 
| INSTALLED     | service-10-0.local | STORM        | NONE          | 
2.2.4.2-2 | U
NSECURED
(1 row)

ambari=> SELECT * from hostcomponentdesiredstate where service_name = 
'STORM';
  cluster_id | component_name |          desired_stack_version 
  | desired_state |     host_name      | service_name | admin_state | 
maintenance_sta
te | restart_required | security_state
------------+----------------+------------------------------------------+---------------+--------------------+--------------+-------------+----------------
---+------------------+----------------
           2 | STORM_REST_API | {"stackName":"HDP","stackVersion":"2.2"} 
| INSTALLED     | service-10-0.local | STORM        | INSERVICE   | OFF 

    |                0 | UNSECURED
(1 row)

ambari=> select * from servicedesiredstate where service_name = 'STORM';
  cluster_id | desired_host_role_mapping | 
desired_stack_version           | desired_state | service_name | 
maintenance_state | security_state
------------+---------------------------+------------------------------------------+---------------+--------------+-------------------+----------------
           2 |                         0 | 
{"stackName":"HDP","stackVersion":"2.2"} | INSTALLED     | STORM 
| OFF               | UNSECURED
(1 row)

ambari=> select * from clusterservices where service_name = 'STORM';
  service_name | cluster_id | service_enabled
--------------+------------+-----------------
  STORM        |          2 |               0
(1 row)

This db info is not shown if I do a GET on the Storm service:

curl -u admin:admin -X DELETE -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' 
http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/helm/services/STORM
{
   "href" : "http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/helm/services/STORM",
   "ServiceInfo" : {
     "cluster_name" : "helm",
     "maintenance_state" : "OFF",
     "service_name" : "STORM",
     "state" : "UNKNOWN"
   },
   "alerts_summary" : {
     "CRITICAL" : 1,
     "MAINTENANCE" : 0,
     "OK" : 0,
     "UNKNOWN" : 0,
     "WARNING" : 0
   },
   "alerts" : [
     {
       "href" : 
"http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/helm/services/STORM/alerts/8",
       "Alert" : {
         "cluster_name" : "helm",
         "definition_id" : 24,
         "definition_name" : "storm_supervisor_process_percent",
         "host_name" : null,
         "id" : 8,
         "service_name" : "STORM"
       }
     }
   ],
   "components" : [ ],
   "artifacts" : [ ]

I also see much more Storm alerts in the alerts_definition table (though 
they are all disabled, includung the one above).


Thanks,
Eirik Thorsnes

Mime
View raw message