ambari-user mailing list archives

From Joshi Omkar <omkar.jo...@scania.com>
Subject Change in the DataNode directories !!!
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 13:08:15 GMT
Hi,

I have installed the HDP 2.2 with Ambari 2.0.

I'm facing a big issue - I had kept the DataNode directories as :

/nsr/hadoop/hdfs/data,/opt/hadoop/hdfs/data,/usr/hadoop/hdfs/data,/usr/local/hadoop/hdfs/data,/var/hadoop/hdfs/data

Now, I want several disks to be mounted on each node and I want the ALL THE DATA BLOCKS TO
BE STORED ON THESE DISKS. There is not much data on the HDFS and the same can be deleted.

Is it possible now? Will only changing the DataNode directories help or any more paths need
to be changed ?

Regards,
Omkar Joshi