ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Adding configuration parameters and monitoring metrics for custom service
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 16:45:21 GMT
Hi Jayesh,

Did you look through the API docs?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Metrics+Collector+API+Specification

-Sid

________________________________
From: Jayesh Thakrar <j_thakrar@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 8:15 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding configuration parameters and monitoring metrics for custom service

Thank you for the link, Sid !
I had a look at that, but it does not have any details or pointers to samples on how to dump
your own metrics to the Ambari Metrics subsystem.
For example, my sample service is TSDB - where I have several TSDB daemons running on an Ambari
cluster and I want to dump their health metrics to Ambari so that it can be displayed on the
UI. I know how to extract the TSDB metrics from TSDB - but don't know how where and how to
route that to the Ambari metrics collector (or montior?).

And once those TSDB metrics are in Ambari, how do I show them in simple graphs in Ambari?