ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 2.0, stack: HDP-2.2.4: Unable to remove STORM service/components by using API
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 14:37:14 GMT
Eirik, you are right. STORM_REST_API does not exist for STORM in HDP-2.2.

The happy path that should work ( verified it yesterday) is

Start at HDP-2.1
Stop STORM
Upgrade to HDP-2.2
Before starting STORM service - delete STORM_REST_API at the level of component (not host_component)
  - DELETE .../api/v1/clusters/MyCluster/services/STORM/components/STORM_REST_API

This should be true for any stack definition if a component is deleted in the new version.

Of course it did not work for you. I will look into the thread where you described your initial
steps and see what issue prevented it.

Thanks
Sumit

From: Eirik Thorsnes <eirik.thorsnes@uni.no>
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 7:12 AM
To: Artem Ervits; user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ambari 2.0, stack: HDP-2.2.4: Unable to remove STORM service/components by using
API

On 18. mai 2015 15:03, Artem Ervits wrote:
> I am following the thread, I remember when I had this issue, I believe I
> added the service and then was able to delete it. See if you can try to
> add the component with API and then try to delete the service.

Unfortunately, it also fails. From the errors of all of this, it seems
to me that in stack HDP2.2 there is no link between the service "STORM"
and the component "STORM_REST_API" and thus neither creation nor
deletion works.

I'm going now to try the direct database deletion process.

Regards,
Eirik

--
Eirik Thorsnes
Group Leader at Parallab, Uni Research Computing