ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jayesh Thakrar <j_thak...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Adding configuration parameters and monitoring metrics for custom service
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 01:50:12 GMT
Thanks Jaimin!This sounds great and worth the wait for 2.1 and not hack through Ambari-web.

      From: Jaimin Jetly <jaimin@hortonworks.com>
 To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>; Jayesh Thakrar <j_thakrar@yahoo.com>

 Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:25 PM
 Subject: Re: Adding configuration parameters and monitoring metrics for custom service

#yiv8529064785 #yiv8529064785 -- p {margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;}#yiv8529064785 Hi Jayesh,

Enhanced dashboard is the ongoing effort and is being actively worked upon on trunk. This feature
will be available in the upcoming Ambari release 2.1.0. (Bring tracked at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-9792)

After this epic is completed, minimal effort needs to be done to expose the AMS stored metric
data via Ambari API and create your service's dashboard view in Ambari web.​
Documentation for the  feature will be done shortly.

For reference you can look at the example patch for Accumulo service (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-9910) which
is using this epic work and trying to get a new service dashboard.

-Thanks
  Jaimin