ambari-user mailing list archives

From Joshi Omkar <omkar.jo...@scania.com>
Subject RE: Adding disks and partitions
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 14:02:31 GMT
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the inputs.

What is the normal/ideal location to set a mount point ?

Yes, I plan to use Ambari for the configs. once the disks are ready to be used for the datanodes.

Regards,
Omkar Joshi

From: Sean Roberts [mailto:sroberts@hortonworks.com]
Sent: den 8 maj 2015 15:59
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding disks and partitions

Omkar - Yes, with HDFS (nothing HDP specific) you mount each drive separately.

Where you mount them doesn’t matter, but never set a mount point under /dev.

This talks to the various configuration settings to update to match those dirs, but you would
do them from Ambari instead of editing the configuration files manually:
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.2.4/HDP_Man_Install_v224/index.html#ref-1f93da57-d4dc-4de9-8e9c-34b1442e77f8

--
Hortonworks - We do Hadoop

Sean Roberts