ambari-user mailing list archives

From João Alves <j...@5dlab.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 1.7.0
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:42:12 GMT
Hey Patrik,

I agree with Nishanth. I also had to install it separately. This a link I saved: http://gethue.com/hadoop-hue-3-on-hdp-installation-tutorial/
<http://gethue.com/hadoop-hue-3-on-hdp-installation-tutorial/>

I also took note of the steps I had to do on my CentOS cluster HDP 2.2. If you would like
to follow them here they are:

yum install -y rsync
yum install -y gcc-c++
yum install -y python-devel gcc krb5-devel
yum install -y libxslt-devel mysql-devel sqlite-devel
yum install -y openldap-devel saslwrapper-devel

To install Maven, add the associated EPEL repo:
sudo wget http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/dchen/apache-maven/epel-apache-maven.repo <http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/dchen/apache-maven/epel-apache-maven.repo>
-O /etc/yum.repos.d/epel-apache-maven.repo
sudo yum install -y apache-maven

Get Hue:
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/730827/hue/releases/3.7.1/hue-3.7.1.tgz <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/730827/hue/releases/3.7.1/hue-3.7.1.tgz>

Make Install:
sudo make install

Fix that so HUE can run correctly without root user permissions:
sudo chown -R hue:hue /usr/local/hue

Regards,
João Alves

> On 16 Apr 2015, at 14:29, Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gadiya@persistent.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Ambari 1.7.0 uses HDP 2.2 and when I deploy the cluster via Ambari UI, I am not able
to see Ranger and Hue services in the list of the deployed services.
> HDP 2.2 documentation says that Ranger and Hue are provided with the package.
>
> However, I am not sure why it’s not getting installed.
> Do I have to perform some additional steps to deploy this services ?
>
> Please let me know if you have any inputs on this.
>
> Thanks,
> Pratik Gadiya
>
> DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information
which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual