ambari-user mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HBASE multiple branches in common-services
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 22:36:13 GMT
Alejandro,

Thanks for the heads up on this.  I will create a JIRA and fix the kinit path issue.

Rob

From: Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com<mailto:afernandez@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Monday, April 20, 2015 at 5:45 PM
To: Robert Levas <rlevas@hortonworks.com<mailto:rlevas@hortonworks.com>>, Nick
Dimiduk <ndimiduk@hortonworks.com<mailto:ndimiduk@hortonworks.com>>, Jayush Luniya
<jluniya@hortonworks.com<mailto:jluniya@hortonworks.com>>, Vitaly Brodetskyi <vbrodetskyi@hortonworks.com<mailto:vbrodetskyi@hortonworks.com>>,
"user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Cc: Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com<mailto:yusaku@hortonworks.com>>
Subject: HBASE multiple branches in common-services

Hi all,

There are now two HBASE branches inside common-services, 0.96.0.2.0 (used for HDP 2.2), and
1.1.0.2.3 (used for HDP 2.3).
Please keep this in mind when committing changes, as most likely, both branches will need
fixes.

After the branch, we've had some other differences in these folders,

Robert, AMBARI-10452
status_params.py in older version,
 kinit_path_local = functions.get_kinit_path(default('/configurations/kerberos-env/executable_search_paths',
None))

params_linux.py in older version,
kinit_path_local = functions.get_kinit_path(default('/configurations/kerberos-env/executable_search_paths',
None))

Vitaly, committed AMBARI-10531 with changes to both branches.

We'll figure out how to keep code mirroring to a minimum.

Thanks,
Alejandro Fernandez