ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 1.7.0
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 18:02:32 GMT
HDP 2.2 contains Ranger.  However, Ambari 1.7.0 does not support installation and management
of Ranger.
The ability to install and manage Ranger was added in Ambari 2.0.0.
On a related note, if the user installed Ranger manually on a cluster managed by Ambari 1.7.0,
then when you upgrade to Ambari 2.0.0,
there are some manual steps you must do so that Ambari can manage Ranger, I believe.

There's no plan for Ambari to support Hue.

Yusaku

From: Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gadiya@persistent.com<mailto:pratik_gadiya@persistent.com>>
Date: Thursday, April 16, 2015 5:29 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Ambari 1.7.0

Hi All,

Ambari 1.7.0 uses HDP 2.2 and when I deploy the cluster via Ambari UI, I am not able to see
Ranger and Hue services in the list of the deployed services.
HDP 2.2 documentation says that Ranger and Hue are provided with the package.

However, I am not sure why it's not getting installed.
Do I have to perform some additional steps to deploy this services ?

Please let me know if you have any inputs on this.

Thanks,
Pratik Gadiya

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual