ambari-user mailing list archives

From Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gad...@persistent.com>
Subject Dividing Master Services
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 18:11:47 GMT
Hi All,

I have deployed 2 node cluster using Ambari ( 1 Master Node and 1 Compute Node).
I want to scale this cluster to 2 Master Node and 1 Compute Node.

My Services deployed on Master Node are as follows :

      "components" : [
        {          "name" : "PIG"        },
        {          "name" : "HISTORYSERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "KAFKA_BROKER"        },
        {          "name" : "HBASE_REGIONSERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "OOZIE_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "HBASE_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "NAMENODE"        },
        {          "name" : "SUPERVISOR"        },
        {          "name" : "FALCON_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "HCAT"        },
        {          "name" : "KNOX_GATEWAY"        },
        {          "name" : "SLIDER"        },
        {          "name" : "AMBARI_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "APP_TIMELINE_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "HDFS_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "HIVE_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "FLUME_HANDLER"        },
        {          "name" : "WEBHCAT_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "RESOURCEMANAGER"        },
        {          "name" : "ZOOKEEPER_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "ZOOKEEPER_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "STORM_UI_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "HBASE_MASTER"        },
        {          "name" : "HIVE_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "OOZIE_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "FALCON_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "SECONDARY_NAMENODE"        },
        {          "name" : "TEZ_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "HIVE_METASTORE"        },
        {          "name" : "GANGLIA_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "SQOOP"        },
        {          "name" : "YARN_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "MAPREDUCE2_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "MYSQL_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "GANGLIA_MONITOR"        },
        {          "name" : "DRPC_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "NIMBUS"        }
      ],

Can someone please let me know how can I divide those services into 2.

It would be of great help if someone could actually reply on this mail as follows:

Components on Master Node 1: ....,
Components on Master Node 2: .....

Reason for dividing as such ....

NOTE: I do have same configuration of machines for both the master nodes.

Thanks,
Pratik Gadiya

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.