ambari-user mailing list archives

From Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gad...@persistent.com>
Subject RE: Configure Database in Ambari
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 09:49:29 GMT
Thanks Sumit!

I followed the same approach and have few queries on the same.

When I try to deploy the cluster using Ambari UI, I can see that I can pass the values for
database username, database host etc. from the UI.
Once the cluster got deployed via Ambari UI, I grabbed the blueprint from the deployed cluster
and here is what I have got.

{
      "hive-env" : {
        "hive_database" : "Existing MySQL Database",
        "hive_database_name" : "hive",
        "hive_database_type" : "mysql",
        "hive_existing_mysql_database" : "MySQL",
        "hive_hostname" : "%HOSTGROUP::host_group_1%",
       "hive_user" : "hive",
        "webhcat_user" : "hcat"
      }
},
{
      "oozie-env" : {
        "oozie_ambari_database" : "MySQL",
        "oozie_database" : "Existing MySQL Database",
        "oozie_derby_database" : "Derby",
        "oozie_existing_mysql_database" : "MySQL",
        "oozie_existing_oracle_database" : "Oracle",
        "oozie_existing_postgresql_database" : "PostgreSQL",
        "oozie_user" : "oozie"
      }
}

In the above configuration which is grabbed from the deployed cluster, I can’t see keys
such as oozie_database_name as we have for hive_database_name.
Apart from that, I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t see oozie_hostname as we have hive_hostname
here.

Please let me  know how can I pass the oozie_database_name and the oozie_hostname in the configuration
part.
Also, do let me know if I could skip the entries highlighted in yellow from the above configs
if they are not of use for just configuring all the services to use MySQL as database instead
of their default databases.

Thanks,
Pratik Gadiya