ambari-user mailing list archives

From Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gad...@persistent.com>
Subject RE: Ambari 1.7.0
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:58:04 GMT
Thanks Nishanth and Joao for the help !!

I will follow the steps and will let you know, if I have any queries ahead.

~Pratik Gadiya

From: João Alves [mailto:joao@5dlab.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 10:12 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ambari 1.7.0

Hey Patrik,

I agree with Nishanth. I also had to install it separately. This a link I saved: http://gethue.com/hadoop-hue-3-on-hdp-installation-tutorial/

I also took note of the steps I had to do on my CentOS cluster HDP 2.2. If you would like
to follow them here they are:

yum install -y rsync
yum install -y gcc-c++
yum install -y python-devel gcc krb5-devel
yum install -y libxslt-devel mysql-devel sqlite-devel
yum install -y openldap-devel saslwrapper-devel

To install Maven, add the associated EPEL repo:
sudo wget http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/dchen/apache-maven/epel-apache-maven.repo -O
/etc/yum.repos.d/epel-apache-maven.repo
sudo yum install -y apache-maven

Get Hue:
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/730827/hue/releases/3.7.1/hue-3.7.1.tgz

Make Install:
sudo make install

Fix that so HUE can run correctly without root user permissions:
sudo chown -R hue:hue /usr/local/hue

Regards,
João Alves

On 16 Apr 2015, at 14:29, Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gadiya@persistent.com<mailto:pratik_gadiya@persistent.com>>