ambari-user mailing list archives

From Shaik M <munna.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FreeIPA Support for Ambari 2.0
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 06:27:55 GMT
Hi Rob,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Here I got response from FreeIPA community
===================================

No, at this time it is not possible to use. I've looked at the Ambari
code and it shouldn't be hard to implement FreeIPA-specific
KerberosOperationHandler that does proper thing by calling out IPA
tools.

Part of problem with MITKerberosOperationHandler.java is that you have
no way to pass any arguments and options to kadmin/kadmin.local at all,
so even to make it working will go with patching that code. At this
point it is easier to rewrite it to use 'ipa' and ipa-getkeytab
utilities altogether because the code is trivial.

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/ed231beaddaf6347d4defb2fb26d75849c0cafc9/ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/serveraction/kerberos/MITKerberosOperationHandler.java

For now I'll go ahead with plain Kerberos setup for 2.0.
Please let us know, when 2.1 will be GA release ?

Regards,
Shaik