ambari-user mailing list archives

From Frank Eisenhauer <feisenhau...@gmail.com>
Subject Change hostname on running cluster
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2015 07:31:14 GMT
Hi All,

we have a running hadoop cluster where we unfortunately have a hostname
in uppercase, e.g. SRV-HADOOP01.BIGDATA.LOCAL.

As of Ambari 1.7 we are experiencing a lot of side effects which are
presumably caused by the hostnames in uppercase.

I would like to rename the particular hosts(e.g.
srv-hadoop01.bigdata.local), so that there are only hosts with lowercase
names in the cluster.

Is it possible to change the hostname? I came across a few blogs, but in
general renaming hostnames seems not to be recommended.

Has anyone performed a hostname change?

Many thanks in advance.