ambari-user mailing list archives

From Frank Eisenhauer <feisenhau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No Heartbeat after upgrade to Ambari 2.0
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 05:51:25 GMT
Hi Sumit,
I stopped ambari agent, cleared the logs and started the agent again.
The log seems to be ok, there is only one warning which might be related
to the issue:

WARNING 2015-04-17 07:50:47,784 AlertSchedulerHandler.py:92 - There are
no alert definition commands in the heartbeat; unable to update definitions

There are entries in the log which seem to me as if the heartbeat was
sent to ambari server:
DEBUG 2015-04-17 07:50:57,796 Heartbeat.py:78 - Heartbeat:
{'componentStatus': [],
  'hostname': 'srv233.xxxxx.xxx',
  'nodeStatus': {'cause': 'NONE', 'status': 'HEALTHY'},
  'reports': [],
  'responseId': 0,
  'timestamp': 1429249857795}

We experienced some problems with upper case hostnames in the past.
Might that be a problem?

If you need more information from the log file, I'll look for a way to
share the log.

Am 17.04.2015 um 00:19 schrieb Sumit Mohanty:
> Those do not seem related to the error. Try this:
>
> You can pick one agent for which ambari-server is reporting Heartbeat lost.
>
> * Set the agent log to DEBUG (edit /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini)
> * Stop the agent and backup its log file
> * Start the agent and let it run for ~2 minutes
>
> Can you share the log through some public share? I think Apache strips off all attachments.

and ambari-server logs (/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log)?