ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Dividing Master Services
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:05:56 GMT
Whats your goal in terms of dividing this over two nodes? Generally, such division depends
on what kind of work load you are running (I am no expert here). So I can easily see moving
HBASE_REGIONSERVER and SUPERVISOR to one node so that Storm and HBase work load can use the
available resources.

OOTH, if you just want to split the load arbitrarily then I think you can create an arbitrary
split while making sure that clients are installed if needed.

You can refer to the common-services definitions for dependencies - e.g. https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/OOZIE/4.0.0.2.0/metainfo.xml

-Sumit

________________________________
From: Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gadiya@persistent.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:11 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Dividing Master Services

Hi All,

I have deployed 2 node cluster using Ambari ( 1 Master Node and 1 Compute Node).
I want to scale this cluster to 2 Master Node and 1 Compute Node.

My Services deployed on Master Node are as follows :

      "components" : [
        {          "name" : "PIG"        },
        {          "name" : "HISTORYSERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "KAFKA_BROKER"        },
        {          "name" : "HBASE_REGIONSERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "OOZIE_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "HBASE_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "NAMENODE"        },
        {          "name" : "SUPERVISOR"        },
        {          "name" : "FALCON_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "HCAT"        },
        {          "name" : "KNOX_GATEWAY"        },
        {          "name" : "SLIDER"        },
        {          "name" : "AMBARI_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "APP_TIMELINE_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "HDFS_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "HIVE_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "FLUME_HANDLER"        },
        {          "name" : "WEBHCAT_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "RESOURCEMANAGER"        },
        {          "name" : "ZOOKEEPER_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "ZOOKEEPER_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "STORM_UI_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "HBASE_MASTER"        },
        {          "name" : "HIVE_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "OOZIE_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "FALCON_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "SECONDARY_NAMENODE"        },
        {          "name" : "TEZ_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "HIVE_METASTORE"        },
        {          "name" : "GANGLIA_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "SQOOP"        },
        {          "name" : "YARN_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "MAPREDUCE2_CLIENT"        },
        {          "name" : "MYSQL_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "GANGLIA_MONITOR"        },
        {          "name" : "DRPC_SERVER"        },
        {          "name" : "NIMBUS"        }
      ],

Can someone please let me know how can I divide those services into 2.

It would be of great help if someone could actually reply on this mail as follows:

Components on Master Node 1: ....,
Components on Master Node 2: .....

Reason for dividing as such ....

NOTE: I do have same configuration of machines for both the master nodes.

Thanks,
Pratik Gadiya

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual