ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Configure Database in Ambari
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 20:48:28 GMT
​Its new for me too. I might use your example as a sample :-)

Just a reflection of different services using somewhat different patterns.

But looks good to me.

________________________________
From: Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gadiya@persistent.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:59 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: RE: Configure Database in Ambari

Sumit, looks like following is the appropriate configuration which needs to setup in blueprint
for my case i.e. configuring oozie and hive to use existing MySQL database

{
      "hive-env" : {
        "hive_database" : "Existing MySQL Database",
        "hive_database_name" : "hive",
        "hive_database_type" : "mysql",
        "hive_existing_mysql_database" : "MySQL",
        "hive_user" : "hive",
        "hive_metastore_user_passwd": "<password>”
      }
},
{
      "hive-site" : {
        "ambari.hive.db.schema.name" : "hive",
       "javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword": "<password>"
      }
},
{
      "oozie-env" : {
        "oozie_ambari_database" : "MySQL",
        "oozie_database" : "Existing MySQL Database",
        "oozie_existing_mysql_database" : "MySQL",
        "oozie_user" : "oozie"
      }
},
{
      "oozie-site" : {
        "oozie.db.schema.name" : "oozie",
        "oozie.service.JPAService.create.db.schema" : "false",
        "oozie.service.JPAService.jdbc.driver" : "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver",
        "oozie.service.JPAService.jdbc.username" : "oozie"
        }
}

Let me know if there has to be any modification in the same.

Thanks,
Pratik