ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Sposetti <j...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: ambari-server setup
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 11:50:06 GMT
You need to install the JDK on all hosts to the same location and use option [3] below during
setup to enter that JDK path.

That way, Ambari will not attempt to download the JDK on the Ambari Server or any host, and
will instead use the custom, pre-installed JDK path you specify.

Note: If you plan to enable Kerberos on the cluster in the future, be sure to also install
the JCE with your JDK on the Ambari Server and on all hosts.

________________________________
From: Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gadiya@persistent.com>
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2015 6:24 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: ambari-server setup

Hi All,

I don't want to download all the time the latest Oracle JDK while setting up ambari-server.
So, can someone let me know what all steps should I follow in order to achieve this in automation
?

# ambari-server setup
Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
Setup ambari-server
Checking SELinux...
SELinux status is 'disabled'
Ambari-server daemon is configured to run under user 'root'. Change this setting [y/n] (n)?
Adjusting ambari-server permissions and ownership...
Checking firewall...
Checking JDK...
[1] - Oracle JDK 1.7 + Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Policy Files 7
[2] - Oracle JDK 1.6 + Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Policy Files 6
[3] - Custom JDK
Enter choice (1): 3

I need this because my machine would not be having the access to the public repo all the time,
which will end up giving me errors.

Please let me know how can I do this.

Help Appreciated !!

Thanks & Regards,
Pratik Gadiya

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual