ambari-user mailing list archives

From Satyanarayana Jampa <sja...@innominds.com>
Subject RE: Adding install priority to custom services
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 10:36:49 GMT
Hi Sid,
                Below are the steps I followed to keep the service installation in an order.

1.       I have modified the below file and restarted ambari-server:
                                vi /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/role_command_order.json
                                #added below lines
                                "A_HANDLER-INSTALL" : ["B_HANDLER-INSTALL", "C_HANDLER-INSTALL"],
                                "A_HANDLER-START": ["B_HANDLER-START", "C_HANDLER-START"],

2.       But, while installing the services the installation order was happening in Alphabetical
order.

3.       I want the order to be C, B and A.

Am I missing something here.

Thanks,
Satya.
From: Siddharth Wagle [mailto:swagle@hortonworks.com]
Sent: 05 March 2015 01:58
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding install priority to custom services

Hi Satya,

Take a look at the

ambari-server/src/main/resources/role_command_order.json

This json structure is used to build the dependency graph between components.

Every stack overrides this file to add order between new components that the stack introduces,
so that the base copy of this file remains unchanged.

In your case, if you add INSTALL time or START time dependencies between service2 to service1
components, Ambari will re-order the commands automatically.

Note: Format of the keys in the json is "ComponentName"-"Command" (Commands: START, INSTALL,
UPGRADE, SERVICE_CHECK).

BR,

Sid