ambari-user mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to propagate property changes ?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:35:45 GMT
One small clarification, the verb should be POST, not PUT.

-Nate

> On Mar 18, 2015, at 8:14 AM, Nate Cole <ncole@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alexander,
>
> Apologies for the delayed response on this.  The ability to refresh configs for any host
component doesn’t appear to be exposed in the UI.  It is possible, however to use the API
directly to invoke the configure() action like so:

> PUT /api/v1/clusters/<cluster>/requests
> {
>  "RequestInfo": {
>    "command":"CONFIGURE",
>    "context":"Reconfigure NameNode",
>    "operation_level": {
>      "level":"HOST",
>      "cluster_name": “<cluster>"
>    }
>  },
>  "Requests/resource_filters": [
>    {
>      "service_name":"HDFS",
>      "component_name":"NAMENODE",
>      "hosts”: “h1"
>    }
>  ]
> }
>
> This is just one example, you can change the resource_filter and/or operation_level to
meet your needs.

> Thanks,
> Nate
>
>> On Mar 10, 2015, at 7:08 PM, Alexander Denissov <adenissov@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder what is the best way to propagate property changes other than to restart
the service ?

>> Let's say we want to change a few properties in *-site.xml for the service, and need
these properties to be updated in the files on the actual nodes. Then, we would like to perform
some upgrade steps and only then start the service. Starting the service just to pick up changed
properties is not ideal as the service start will fail as it has not yet been upgraded.