ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Map Reduce Application Framework Path Changed ?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 18:21:37 GMT
Someone else reported the same issue today.

Ambari automatically retrieves the latest repo for the maintenance version of the stack installed.
Since "HDP 2.2" is installed in your cluster, it will pull the latest HDP 2.2.x version, which
is 2.2.3.0-2611 (just got released yesterday).

If you intend to stay in the HDP 2.2.0.0 GA version, then  follow these steps,

In Ambari Web > Admin > Stack (or during install, on Select Stack, expand Advanced Repository
Options), update  your HDP repo Base URL to use the HDP 2.2 GA repository:

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos5/2.x/GA/2.2.0.0

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/GA/2.2.0.0

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11sp3/2.x/GA/2.2.0.0

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/ubuntu12/2.x/GA/2.2.0.0

Thanks,
Alejandro

From: Dimitris Bouras <dmpour23@gmail.com<mailto:dmpour23@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 7:46 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Map Reduce Application Framework Path Changed ?

I installed a default  HDP cluster via Ambari today and noticed that the library jars have
changed to "2.2.3.0-2611".
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.7.0/ambari.repo

I am running a camus job and I am getting the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs://ip-10-200-0-10.ec2.internal:8020/hdp/apps/2.2.3.0-2611/mapreduce/mapreduce.tar.gz

The path is set from this property I assume by default via ambari.

mapreduce.application.framework.path
/hdp/apps/${hdp.version}/mapreduce/mapreduce.tar.gz#mr-framework

However no such path exists?

Furthermore HiveMetastore keeps crashing with :

Unable to open a test connection to the given database. JDBC url = jdbc:mysql://ip-10-200-0-102.ec2.internal/hive?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true,
username = hive. Terminating conn..

Although the database is created.

Have there been any major changed that could cause this.

Thanks