ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Couple of question.
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 06:35:49 GMT
Hi Angel,

Please see my response inline below:

From: Angel Cervera Claudio <angelcervera@silyan.com<mailto:angelcervera@silyan.com>>
Date: Friday, March 6, 2015 12:50 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Couple of question.

Hi everybody.

I am looking for the way of custom Ambari with new widgets and views.
Researching for few days (I never worked before with this tool), I have a couple of questions:

  *   Is there any easy way to create new widget to add in the main page of Ambari?

  *   Is there any possibility to have a different layout (different widgets and views) per
user. Something like profiles.

  *   Is there possible to secure by roles and widgets/views/services (authorization)?

[YS] These will be covered by new features being worked on to make the dashboards customizable
via https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-9792.
You will be able to define a default layout, as well as customized layouts per user, create
new widgets based on different metrics, share those widgets, etc.  Views (and their features)
can be authorized per the Ambari Views framework already.

  *   I did not found anything about history data (real historical data, per years). Is it
possible?

[YS] Can you clarify what you mean?  Do you mean various time-series data emitted by the system/various
components?

I downloaded the source code for 1.7 (github tag 1.7), but in the pom.xml said that it is
the version 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT. Curiosly, there are not release 1.3 mention in the ambari.apache.org<http://ambari.apache.org>
page. Why?

[YS] That's just an artifact of the source code in Ambari 1.7.0.  If you want to rebuild,
you can issue "mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=1.7.0.0" to set the version in the pom.xml files.
 You are correct that there never was a 1.3 release.

Regards.