ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Changing HDFS Log Directories in Ambari 1.7
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 06:13:44 GMT
Hi Nishanth,

You can try changing "hdfs_log_dir_prefix" in "hadoop-env" via the script /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh.
However, you should proceed with caution since changing hdfs_log_dir_prefix has not really
been tested.

Yusaku

From: Nishanth S <nishanth.2884@gmail.com<mailto:nishanth.2884@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:16 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Changing HDFS Log Directories in Ambari 1.7

Hello,

I am  very new to ambari  and  looking for a way to change the  hadoop log diretories.By default
it is  pointing to /var/log.I would like to set this  to a custom mounted directory.I already
tried  playing around with hdfs_log_dir and hdfs_log_dir_prefix and want to check if there
is an option other than symlinks.I would really appreciate any help  in this regards.

Thanks,
Nishanth

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Nishanth S <nishanth.2884@gmail.com<mailto:nishanth.2884@gmail.com>>