ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Cannot access Ambari from browser
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:13:03 GMT
Jagdish,

1. Make sure that Ambari Server is indeed running.  From the Ambari host, run the following
command to see if you get any response back:
curl -uadmin:admin http://localhost:8080/api/v1/services
It should look something like:
{
  "href" : "http://localhost:8080/api/v1/services",
  "items" : [
    {
      "href" : "http://localhost:8080/api/v1/services/AMBARI",
      "RootService" : {
        "service_name" : "AMBARI"
      }
    }
  ]
}

2. Given that you get a proper response back, most likely you have a software firewall running,
so stop it:

service iptables stop

The above command works on CentOS 6, but you might have to run a different command depending
on your OS.
If you don't have a software firewall running but are on a cloud environment, then you might
have to go to the cloud provider's management UI to open up port 8080.

I hope this helps.

Yusaku