ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Permanent changes to Ganglia config (how to)
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 18:23:43 GMT
Hi Fabio,

Since Ambari manages these files, you need to make modifications to corresponding files under
/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/services/GANGLIA on the Ambari Server instead
of /etc/ganglia, /usr/lib/exec/hdp/ganglia, etc.  Once you modify appropriate files, you need
to do "ambari-server restart" to let the Ambari Server reload these changes.  Then you go
to Ambari Web UI and restart Ganglia to push the files out to the nodes.
The same procedure can be applied for other services that you might want to customize.

I hope this helps.

Yusaku

From: "Fabio C." <anytek88@gmail.com<mailto:anytek88@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, March 1, 2015 10:41 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Permanent changes to Ganglia config (how to)

Hi everyone,

I was trying to change the Ganglia sampling rate (let's say from 15 to 5 seconds). I made
some changes on the ambari-server node in the file /etc/ganglia/hdp/gmetad.conf but, when
I restart the Ganglia service in Ambari, it is reverted to the original one.
Then I modified the file /usr/libexec/hdp/ganglia/gmetadLib.sh, which looks like the generator
of the gmetad.conf, but even this file is then reverted to the original one.

How can I make a permanent change to the gmetad.conf? Will this changes be broadcasted to
all the other nodes?

Thanks a lot

Fabio