ambari-user mailing list archives

From Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gad...@persistent.com>
Subject RE: Default Database Packages | Ambari Repo
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:10:58 GMT
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the info

I am trying to use HDP2.2 with Ambari 1.7 and I don’t want the updated packages.
So, I have downloaded those repos and created my own local repository.

Now, in order to make this work w/o downloading anything from rhel repo, I have to add postgresql
package in my local-repoitory.

Please let me know if I have understood it correctly.

Thanks & Regards,
Pratik

From: Sean Roberts [mailto:sroberts@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 1:50 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Default Database Packages | Ambari Repo

Pratik - Apologies. Mean to start with: “Ambari uses postgresql by default”.

--
Hortonworks - We Do Hadoop

Sean Roberts
Partner Solutions Engineer - EMEA
@seano

On Mar 27, 2015, at 08:19, Sean Roberts <sroberts@hortonworks.com<mailto:sroberts@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

Pratik - The Ambari repo only provide Ambari packages. For example, these are the packages
provides for rhel/centos6:
  ambari-agent
  ambari-log4j
  ambari-server

They have these dependancies, which means you’ll likely need the OS repositories:

# rpm -qpR ambari-server-1.7.0-169.noarch.rpm

postgresql-server >= 8.1

openssl

python >= 2.6

/bin/sh