ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Denissov <adenis...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: How to propagate property changes ?
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 22:07:34 GMT
Thanks Nate,

This worked for hdfs-site.xml, where the API call pushed changes to the
file, however, hadoop-env.sh was left intact, even though I changed JVM
properties. As expected, hadoop-env.sh got re-written when I restarted the
services. Are there limitations on which kinds of config files can be
configured using this CONFIGURE API ?

Also, it seems that I would need to issue a separate call for each
component of HDFS and provide the list of hosts this component runs on. Is
there a way to call a single API and just give "HDFS" as a service name and
have Ambari back-end figure out what components on what hosts need to be
configured ? Setting level to "CLUSTER" didn't have any effect as
"component_name" and "hosts" seem to be always required.

--
Thanks,
Alex.