ambari-user mailing list archives

From Brian de la Motte <bdelamo...@zdatainc.com>
Subject Re: Adding install priority to custom services
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:47:40 GMT
Hi Sumit,

I guess that explains the problem we're having. The custom service is HAWQ
and requires HDFS to be started. During the install of HAWQ, it runs
'gpinitsystem' which initializes everything and verifies it can talk to
HDFS correctly. It tries writing to HDFS and if it can't for any reason,
errors out and stops the rest of the installation. One workaround I noticed
is if I install just HDFS and ZOOKEEPER only, and then install HAWQ custom
service, everything works correctly since HDFS is in a started state.

Could I start a component from another component? So in the INSTALL
function of the custom service,  start HDFS if it's not started? Or would
that be considered bad practice?

For now, I will try moving some of the INSTALL code to the START section as
you mentioned, and add some logic to only run if needed. Thank you for the
help and explanation!

Sincerely,
Brian