ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Adding install priority to custom services
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 02:18:31 GMT
Hi Brian,

Make sure to define the rules separately for install from start, since ambari creates separate
stages for these commands. This should resolve the issue, do let us know the outcome.

BR,
Sid

Sent by Outlook<http://taps.io/outlookmobile> for Android
_____________________________
From:Brian de la Motte
Subject:Re: Adding install priority to custom services
To:user@ambari.apache.org
Cc:Ben Barnett

Hello,

I believe we are having the same issue as Satya. We have a service that is dependent on HDFS
being started and have declared it in our role_command_order.json, but Ambari is installing
the custom service before HDFS has started and erring out. It does install HDFS before the
custom service, just not start HDFS, even though I have this in my role_command_order.json:

    "CUSTOM_SERVICE-INSTALL": ["CUSTOM_SERVICE-INSTALL", "NAMENODE-INSTALL", "NAMENODE-START",
"DATANODE-START"],

When reviewing the ambari-agent.log, it installs the namenode and datanode, but doesn't start
the namenode at all. It gets the status of the namenode, and shows it's not running, but doesn't
start it. Is the role_command_order.json need anything else inside it to force a service to
be in a started state before installing another service?

Thanks,
Brian

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 3:36 AM, Satyanarayana Jampa <sjampa@innominds.com<mailto:sjampa@innominds.com>>