ambari-user mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to propagate property changes ?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:14:53 GMT
Hi Alexander,

Apologies for the delayed response on this.  The ability to refresh configs for any host component
doesn’t appear to be exposed in the UI.  It is possible, however to use the API directly
to invoke the configure() action like so:

PUT /api/v1/clusters/<cluster>/requests
{
  "RequestInfo": {
    "command":"CONFIGURE",
    "context":"Reconfigure NameNode",
    "operation_level": {
      "level":"HOST",
      "cluster_name": “<cluster>"
    }
  },
  "Requests/resource_filters": [
    {
      "service_name":"HDFS",
      "component_name":"NAMENODE",
      "hosts”: “h1"
    }
  ]
}

This is just one example, you can change the resource_filter and/or operation_level to meet
your needs.

Thanks,
Nate

> On Mar 10, 2015, at 7:08 PM, Alexander Denissov <adenissov@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> I wonder what is the best way to propagate property changes other than to restart the
service ?

> Let's say we want to change a few properties in *-site.xml for the service, and need
these properties to be updated in the files on the actual nodes. Then, we would like to perform
some upgrade steps and only then start the service. Starting the service just to pick up changed
properties is not ideal as the service start will fail as it has not yet been upgraded.