ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sean Roberts <srobe...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: unable to locate package ambari-server
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:36:37 GMT
B - Double check these:

  1.  Please make sure the sources list is in the appropriate place (ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ambari.list)
  2.  The content of that file matches the content of http://public-repo–1.hortonworks.com/ambari/ubuntu12/1.x/updates/1.7.0/ambari.list
(cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ambari.list)
  3.  You’ve updated the apt-sources list: sudo apt-get update

If after confirming all of that, there would have to be something wrong with your Ubuntu dpkg/apt
database.

--
Hortonworks - We do Hadoop

Sean Roberts
Partner Solutions Engineer - EMEA
@seano

From: Adaryl Bob Wakefield, MBA <adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com><mailto:adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com>
Reply: user@ambari.apache.org <user@ambari.apache.org>><mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>
Date: February 15, 2015 at 10:49:51
To: user@ambari.apache.org <user@ambari.apache.org>><mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject:  unable to locate package ambari-server

I’m following the directions put out with the Hortonworks data platform. I’m following
the directions to the letter and yet when I run:
apt-get install ambari-server

I get:
unable to locate package ambari-server

I’m dead stopped here and not sure what to do. An apt-cache pkgnames shows that there are
no Ambari packages in the list.

B.