ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Ambari 1.7 installing some packages I wouldn't expect
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 21:04:23 GMT
I'm testing out using 1.7 to install HDP 2.2 and I noticed some weird things being installed
while I was auditing the cluster that was built.

HCAT is installed on the ambari node, but we only install NAGIOS_SERVER and GANGLIA_SERVER
there.  Why is that installed on that node?  It in turn requires a bunch of other dependencies
that we otherwise wouldn't need on that server, some of which take quite a while to install.

GANGLIA_MONITOR installs httpd.  That can't be right, can it?  I would think only GANGLIA_SERVER
would need that.  Is that a mistake or a legitimate dependency?

Anyway, if there are legit reasons, then that's cool.  If not, I'll file a bug to get this
resolved.

Greg