ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject ambari-server postgres setup questions
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 12:55:00 GMT
I was looking through the ambari-server postgres setup because we're having occasional issues
with postgresql initdb failing.  That's kind of tangential, but I found something that concerns
me that I'd like some feedback on.  Afaict, it sets up postgres to:

1. Listen for traffic from anywhere
2. Accept connections from anywhere (using a password, at least)

Is there any reason to set up this broad access? I thought that only the ambari-server processes
used postgres directly, so it should be locked down to local connections only.  I can't think
of any reason you'd need to allow remote access.  The agents should do everything through
the agent API.  Let me know if there's a legitimate reason for this that I'm unaware of.

Greg