ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Advice on building Ambari from source?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 03:26:39 GMT
Hi Jun,

That someone was me :)
It kept reporting false build failures (when the non-docker one was passing), so I had disabled
it as it was adding a lot of noise on JIRAs.

Yusaku

From: jun aoki <jaoki@apache.org<mailto:jaoki@apache.org>>
Date: Monday, February 2, 2015 2:09 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Cc: "becker@hellmar-becker.de<mailto:becker@hellmar-becker.de>" <becker@hellmar-becker.de<mailto:becker@hellmar-becker.de>>
Subject: Re: Advice on building Ambari from source?

And, OSS build passes so it might be an environment issue.
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ambari/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/

I wanted to refer the docker version of Ambari Build job but it is disabled.
(I'm running #841 manually but it has been disabled, assuming there were some issues with
it and someone disabled it)

The docker container provides identical environment on any nodes so long as Docker is running
so that you wont see issues based upon environmental difference, like python version, java
version, yum package vs apt-get package etc.
Let me see what I can do.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Benoit Perroud <benoit@noisette.ch<mailto:benoit@noisette.ch>>