ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: unable to locate package ambari-server
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 19:16:41 GMT
I think there was. I was working on Ubuntu 12.04. After I upgraded to 14.04 (after a bunch
of other problems) I was able to pull it down using apt-get.
B.

From: Sean Roberts
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2015 5:36 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: unable to locate package ambari-server

B - Double check these:

  1.. Please make sure the sources list is in the appropriate place (ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ambari.list)

  2.. The content of that file matches the content of http://public-repo–1.hortonworks.com/ambari/ubuntu12/1.x/updates/1.7.0/ambari.list
(cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ambari.list)
  3.. You’ve updated the apt-sources list: sudo apt-get update
If after confirming all of that, there would have to be something wrong with your Ubuntu dpkg/apt
database.

--
Hortonworks - We do Hadoop

Sean Roberts