ambari-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Perroud <ben...@noisette.ch>
Subject Re: unable to locate package ambari-server
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 20:34:58 GMT
If you plan to install HDP on 14.04, you might find useful to get some
inspiration from the info I captured to be able to do that, but keep in
mind this is a big hack and obviously not supported by Hortonworks nor the
community:
http://www.swiss-scalability.com/2014/12/install-hdp-22-on-ubuntu-1404-trusty.html

Also, as a side note as we're talking about Ubuntu, MRv1 does not work at
all with Ubuntu (there're plenty of if `rpm -qa | grep hadoop1` in the code
to check if MRv1 is enabled, which obviously does not work with Ubuntu.

Benoit