ambari-user mailing list archives

From jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop installation using Ambari
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 20:52:53 GMT
Hi Raja,

repomd.xml is from a yum repo. For example (and not even relevant to hadoop
but just an example)
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/SRPMS/
There are a bunch of rpms that you can install through yum e.g.
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/SRPMS/s/sshpass-1.05-5.el7.src.rpm

repomd.xml is located here
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/SRPMS/repodata/
which is a definition file of a repo and is created by createrepo command
e.g. http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/RepoCreate

You get the error because Ambari requires a yum repo, but not tar/jar
files.
Also note Ambari includes some logics specific to stack vendors (like
Hortonworks and Bigtop) so it is not guaranteed to work any hadoop
distributions. I'd assume HDP is tested most, I don't know if Bigtop works
now.

--
-jun