ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Yu, Tao" <Ta...@aware.com>
Subject Ambari Stack Definition detail
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 19:38:12 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am trying to add a new non-HDP stack into Ambari (v1.7).  I got help from this forum with
corresponding info like "Overview (Ambari 1.5.0 or later)<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38571133>",
but the "Overview" only mentions about the Stack Structure, like below Stack and "hooks" structure:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D04088.3407F110]        [cid:image004.jpg@01D04088.3407F110]

The "Overview" does not talk about any details about the Stack definition, like:

*         metainfo.xml     specification, what's each field, which field is required / optional?

*         role_command_order.json   specification

*         How to define each sub-folder, like "configuration", "hooks", "repos", "services"?

Any documents/guidelines with details will be very helpful.

Could someone shed some lights?

Thanks,
-Tao