ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Sposetti <j...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Java version upgrade
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 18:18:49 GMT
Running "ambari-server setup" should not disturb your running cluster or cluster configuration
by re-running setup. When prompted, modify the JDK choice and then do not modify anything
else.

A couple other notes...

1) Be sure the Custom JDK path is correct on all hosts in the cluster.

2) From Ambari Web, restart your services for the new JDK path to start being used.

3) After you run setup, you can check the java.home property from the Ambari Server...

http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/services/AMBARI/components/AMBARI_SERVER

________________________________
From: Giovanni Paolo Gibilisco <gibbo87@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 1:09 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Java version upgrade

Thanks for your reply,
as I understood running ambari-server setup and selecting the jdk (or using the -j argument
as shown in the guide https://ambari.apache.org/1.2.2/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/ambari-chap2-2-1.html)
will reset my current ambari installation so I will loose th configuration of the cluster
that is alread running.
Is this correct? If so I can not re-run the setup otherwise I'll have to reconfigure the entire
cluster.
Thanks.
Giovanni

On Mon Feb 16 2015 at 14:42:45 Dmitry Sen <dsen@hortonworks.com<mailto:dsen@hortonworks.com>>