ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sen <d...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 1.7 installing some packages I wouldn't expect
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:48:33 GMT
Hi Greg,

Yes, currently Ambari doesn't allow component-specific package declaration in stack metainfo.xml.

So you will have all ganglia related packages installed on all nodes, where ganglia monitor
is installed.

Same for all services.

Not sure if there is a JIRA for this issue

BR,

Dmytro

?

________________________________
From: Greg Hill <greg.hill@RACKSPACE.COM>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2015 11:04 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Ambari 1.7 installing some packages I wouldn't expect

I'm testing out using 1.7 to install HDP 2.2 and I noticed some weird things being installed
while I was auditing the cluster that was built.

HCAT is installed on the ambari node, but we only install NAGIOS_SERVER and GANGLIA_SERVER
there.  Why is that installed on that node?  It in turn requires a bunch of other dependencies
that we otherwise wouldn't need on that server, some of which take quite a while to install.

GANGLIA_MONITOR installs httpd.  That can't be right, can it?  I would think only GANGLIA_SERVER
would need that.  Is that a mistake or a legitimate dependency?

Anyway, if there are legit reasons, then that's cool.  If not, I'll file a bug to get this
resolved.

Greg