ambari-user mailing list archives

From Joshi Omkar <omkar.jo...@scania.com>
Subject Move masters or delete cluster ?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:33:04 GMT
I have a HDP 2.2 running on 9 nodes and Ambari version is 1.7.0

One of the machines is designated to run services like Nagios etc. but it also has Hive Metastore,
HiveServer2, MySQL Server and WebHCat Server, however the Hive and HCat services are failing
to start.

[root@l1041lab ~]# /usr/hdp/current/hive-client/bin/hive --service schemaTool -initSchema
-dbType mysql -userName ***** -passWord *****
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
- klass: 'java/lang/ClassNotFoundException'
#
#
#  Internal Error (exceptions.cpp:424), pid=68266, tid=140348098811648
#  fatal error: ExceptionMark destructor expects no pending exceptions
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_67-b01) (build 1.7.0_67-b01)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.65-b04 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed
oops)
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit
-c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /root/hs_err_pid68266.log
#
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
Aborted

I think the machine l1041lab has some issues which is causing the jre to dump. As far as I
know, I cannot migrate the master processes to other healthy nodes to save my cluster.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Omkar