ambari-user mailing list archives

From João Alves <j...@5dlab.com>
Subject Re: Ambari dashboard display no data
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 09:49:09 GMT
Hey,

Have you checked your hosts configuration?

Try and disable IPV6.

Regards,
João

> On 30 Jan 2015, at 19:19, Yu, Tao <TaoYu@aware.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Yusaku!
>
> 1.       httpd is running on vm-galaxy04.aware.com <http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1>.
> 2.       curl http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1
<http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1> fails from
Ambari server host, with error message “couldn’t connect to host”
> 3.       http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1 <http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1>
cannot load any page either.

> Any suggestion?
> -Tao

<http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1> from the browser?
 Do you see anything?

> Yusaku
>
> From: <Yu>, Tao <TaoYu@aware.com <mailto:TaoYu@aware.com>>
> Date: Friday, January 30, 2015 7:04 AM
> To: "'user@ambari.apache.org <mailto:'user@ambari.apache.org>'" <user@ambari.apache.org
<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
> Subject: RE: Ambari dashboard display no data
>
> More info about this dashboard “no metrics” issue:
>
> I restarted Ganglia server and monitor from Ambari Web UI (from each host) successfully.
 On Ganglia server host, I run command “service hdp-gmond status”, and get response like
this:

> =======================================
> Checking status of hdp-gmond...
> =======================================
> /usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPSlaves running with PID 30136
> /usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPNimbus running with PID 30164
> /usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPSupervisor running with PID 30192
>
> So I believe all 3 gmond services are up and running properly.
>
> Also on Ganglia server (gmetad) host, I can see all metrics rrd files (like cpu_num.rrd,
disk_free.rrd, etc) are under /var/lib/ganglia/rrds.

> But still, dashboard does not show any graph, instead only display “No Data. There
was no data available. Possible reasons include inaccessible Ganglia service.”

> Any advice?

install wizard), including services like Ganglia / Zookeeper / Storm etc, went smoothly (CentOS
6.5)  and ambari-server and all desired services are up and running. But when I login to the
Ambari web UI, the dashboard shows nothing for any of the standard Metrics (Memory / Network
/ CPU /Cluster load), instead the UI shows below message:

> No data There was no data available.  Possible reasons include inaccessible Ganglia service
>
> I then checked both hosts where Ganglia server daemon (gmetad) and client daemon (gmond)
run, all daemons are running:

> #ps –ef |grep gmetad
> nobody   31970     1  0 10:38 ?    00:00:02 /usr/sbin/gmetad --conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/gmetad.conf
--pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/gmetad.pid

> #ps –ef | grep gmond
> nobody   13681     1  0 10:38 ?        00:00:19 /usr/sbin/gmond --conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.core.conf
--pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.pid

Ganglia metrics : java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused : spec=http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1
<http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1>

> The ERROR message seems like network connection issue, but the hosts look OK in the network.
I have tried restarting Ganglia services with no luck, restarted all services but still the
same.