ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Benbenek, Waldyn J" <Waldyn.Benbe...@UNISYS.com>
Subject RE: Move name node wizard failing
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:46:51 GMT
I did look at those and saw nothing about the name node move or about disabling.

On a related note.  How does one enable the name node once it has been disabled.  According
to the UI the name node was, in fact, disabled even though it reports a failure.  I can’t
get it enabled again.

Wally

From: Benoit Perroud [mailto:benoit@noisette.ch]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 12:08 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Move name node wizard failing

You should give a look at the server logs in

/var/logs/ambari-server

Le lundi 12 janvier 2015, Benbenek, Waldyn J <Waldyn.Benbenek@unisys.com<mailto:Waldyn.Benbenek@unisys.com>>
a écrit :
I am trying to move the name node to a new host I have added successfully.  The “move name
node” wizard gets to step three, “Disable original name node,” and fails with no more
explanation.  Continuous retries also fail.  Where do I go to see the some sort of explanation
as to what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Wally Benbenek