ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari dashboard display no data
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:08:19 GMT
Hi,

Is httpd running on vm-galaxy04.aware.com<http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1>?

Does this work from the Ambari server host?

curl http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1

Also, can you hit http://vm-galaxy04.aware.com/ganglia/graph.php?g=cpu_report&json=1 from
the browser?  Do you see anything?

Yusaku

From: <Yu>, Tao <TaoYu@aware.com<mailto:TaoYu@aware.com>>
Date: Friday, January 30, 2015 7:04 AM
To: "'user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:'user@ambari.apache.org>'" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: Ambari dashboard display no data

More info about this dashboard "no metrics" issue:

I restarted Ganglia server and monitor from Ambari Web UI (from each host) successfully.
On Ganglia server host, I run command "service hdp-gmond status", and get response like this:

=======================================
Checking status of hdp-gmond...
/usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPSlaves running with PID 30136
/usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPNimbus running with PID 30164
/usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPSupervisor running with PID 30192

So I believe all 3 gmond services are up and running properly.

Also on Ganglia server (gmetad) host, I can see all metrics rrd files (like cpu_num.rrd, disk_free.rrd,
etc) are under /var/lib/ganglia/rrds.

But still, dashboard does not show any graph, instead only display "No Data. There was no
data available. Possible reasons include inaccessible Ganglia service."

Any advice?